Demonstrate and Deploy Clean Energy
Grid Catalyst was established to elevate Minnesota’s leadership in climate action and innovation, while also expanding the opportunities for clean energy jobs. To do so, we need a broad network of partners to provide a pathway for emerging businesses to demonstrate and deploy their solutions. Read more about the Innovators Network and the opportunity.
Pledge your support for clean energy innovation by hosting a demonstration project in partnership with a clean energy startup. The pledge is non-binding and a rigorous process will be used to vet and pair cohort businesses with demonstration sites. These partnerships are essential in establishing the real-world applications and potential of our emerging technologies. To deploy and scale, we have to demonstrate at scale.
Reach out to our team to discuss the possibilities – email@example.com.
New Opportunities for 2023
Grid Catalyst is launching a new program in 2023, the PowerNorth Incubator, supported by the Department of Energy EPIC Program. We are currently recruiting 20 companies to participate in this program, meeting high-potential startups from across the US and providing them with mentorship and coaching to catalyze their innovations. These partnerships will be game changing for innovators and startups and will strengthen our energy and cleantech innovation ecosystem.
Learn more about supporting our incubator in our pledge overview. Reach out to Nina@gridcatalyst.org to explore this opportunity.
- Now recruiting for 20 companies to participate in our PowerNorth Incubator in 2023.
- Partners are committing to participate in pitch events and are not obligated to host or mentor a startup.
PowerNorth Incubator Partners
2022 Demonstration Partners
Benefits Provided to Innovation Network Partners
Impact ‐ Working together to act on climate and strengthen our regional economyEarly interest from partners will show startups that Minnesota is serious about developing and deploying innovation. This will attract a high‐caliber slate of candidates to the accelerator cohort, with priority recruiting and selection given to startups led by people of color, women, and LGBTQIA+.
Visibility ‐ Elevate your organization’s commitment to clean energy
Innovator Network partners will be featured on the Grid Catalyst website, in digital media, and industry storytelling. Hosts will be featured in ongoing media and communications campaigns.
Opportunity – Introductions to emerging technology and promising entrepreneursPartners will be introduced to emerging businesses with innovative solutions that have been through a vetting process with technical and financial advisors. This creates an opportunity for investment, collaboration, and customizing solutions to meet your unique climate and clean energy needs.
Exploring the Partner Commitment
Partners who pledge for the 2023 Innovators Network, agree to the following:
- Their organization has a commitment to initiatives that reduce carbon and address northern climate energy challenges.
- Listing the organization on our website and included in promotional materials as a partner (this is also a benefit!)
- Participation in two pitch events in 2023 (one virtual in late February, one in-person in May).
- Provide brief feedback on startup pitches.
Pledging interest in the Innovators Network does not obligate any organization or individual to mentor a startup or host a demonstration project. This is a non‐ binding commitment to help our initiative build momentum and highlight the immense capacity and interest of clean energy partners in Minnesota.
- Grid Catalyst was launched in 2021 to accelerate clean energy deployment.
- We have nearly 40 Minnesota partners in our collective efforts to strengthen our regional energy innovation ecosystem.
- It is the only clean energy accelerator that enables project demonstration and focuses on solutions for northern climate challenges.
Sign up for program announcements.