Clean energy Startups
We are now accepting applications for our inaugural startup cohort.
Our 2022 cohort of startup businesses will be selected for participation based on their ability to offer a unique value proposition to the clean energy marketplace, with the following criteria for selection:
- Address climate change with decarbonizing solutions
- Advance Minnesota’s position as a clean energy leader
- Deliver northern climate solutions
- Demonstrate a product or service in 2022
- Preference given to BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, and women-owned ventures
Creating an innovation Hub
As part of our program goals, Grid Catalyast is exploring ways to connect and support earlier stage ventures who haven’t reached the demonstration stage required for our cohort.
Programming and events will be announced later in 2021. If you are an innovator or entrepreneur looking to connect, reach out to our team for more information at email@example.com.
High-Potential, High Impact Categories
Grid Catalyst has an initial set of metrics for success, to be further developed from partner input.
- Mobilize the market to address climate change
- Implementation of demonstration projects
- Adoption and support from utilities
- Investments for next stage of growth
- Job creation and diversification
- Increase in regional manufacturing and assembly
- Export of product or service
- Attraction of businesses from outside of the region
Launching in 2021
Cohort applications will open in Fall 2021.
Sign up for program announcements.