Proposal/Inquiry Deadline is March 1, 2023.
Statement of Need
Grid Catalyst requests proposals and qualifications from qualified individuals and consultants to support planning, promotion, and execution of a showcase event for energy startups and the regional innovation ecosystem. Services are needed between April 10 and June 6. Orientation may begin in March, depending on the selection timeline and availability. We estimate the project to require between 5-10 hours a week for nine weeks.
We are looking for a contractor with experience in communications and event planning and management, including excellent writing skills and familiarity with managing social media content. Preference for those with experience with word press and design platforms (examples -Adobe Creative Suite or Canva), but this is not required.
The chosen contractor will work directly with the Grid Catalyst president, Nina Axelson to design and execute the event plan, as well as a communications and marketing plan to promote the event. The contractor will also work with a key set of partners co-hosting the event, as well as startups, speakers, sponsors, and other stakeholders.
- In-person, full-day event for 100-150 people
- Budget for the event (not coordinator contract) is estimated at less than $15,000, but will be adjusted depending on sponsorships and final programming scope
- Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota. Contractor does not need to live in the area, but must be in town June 5th and 6th to coordinate activities. Please include any travel expenses that would need to be compensated.
- Programming expected to include the following elements:
- Welcome reception on June 5 for speakers and startups (possibly sponsors)
- Two event day meals (light breakfast, lunch)
- Kickoff Speaker
- Panel discussions under consideration – cleantech investing, cleantech research, regional economic development opportunities, equity in cleantech innovation
- Incubator showcase – 9 startup pitches (10 minutes each)
- Demonstration accelerator showcase – 5 projects, 2 speakers for each
- Closing speaker
- Closing reception
Primary Scope of Work
- Develop and execute an event management plan, including event day logistics
- Work with the site host on event day logistics, including food and beverage, room setup, and AV needed to share presentations and record the event.
- Secure speakers (in collaboration with Grid Catalyst), gather headshots and bios for promotion, and provide them with logistics information for event
- Develop and execute a communications plan to promote the event, encouraging attendance and sponsorship
- Work with Grid Catalyst to develop sponsorship materials and target sponsors
- Develop social media content to share on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook
- If time allows, develop strategies to expand the Grid Catalyst social media audiences and visibility.
- Assist with newsletter content
Key Skills and Experiences
- Strong writing capabilities (writing samples may be requested)
- Experience with event planning (examples in resume, cover letter, or proposal would be helpful)
- Project management
- Experience working with stakeholders
- Preferred experiences – social media content development and management, graphic design
- This position is remote.
- The preferred contractor can work independently with minimal supervision and direction
Methods to Propose
This is a short-term, contract position. There are two preferred methods to propose:
- Send a resume and cover letter, with the latter including your requested hourly rate and any other stipulations we should know about your interest and availability.
- Send a short proposal, outlining your experience, pricing structure, and a total estimate of the cost of services to meet the deliverables. Please keep proposals under four (4) pages and provide additional marketing information separate from the proposal or include a website link.
Please send proposals or questions to email@example.com.